Ladies!!! Here are some hair products that I use hope it helps…
IF YOU WANT TO SKIP ALL THIS THAT’S FINE BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ THE WORDS IN CAP AT THE BOTTOM THANKS…ENJOY
1) Kinky Curly Knot Today, Mixed Chicks shampoo and conditioner, Olive Oil shampoo, Asali spray and shea butter, Jamaican Castor Oil, 100% pure Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, and my trustee spray bottle.
2) Ok, I’m not mixed at all but the curling pattern in my hair is thick and naturally goes into ringlets with water and stays that way without conditioner, activators, or gel. However my mum loves trying new products and picks up anything new so when I came back from school that’s all that was in the house except for my olive oil I have left; anywho I’ve been using it for about 6 weeks now and it seems fine. I don’t see the problem with trying and experimenting with organic or natural based products. If it works for you use it, it’s your hair you know it best. One thing I like about the shampoo and conditioner is the fact that it doesn’t leave my hair feeling dry after I wash and dry my hair, compared to many “black hair products” that are filled with lots of chemicals.
3) So the third picture are the oils I use in my hair. The Jojoba oil I don’t use it too much but when I do I use it for hot oil treatment, which I do once a month. The Castor Oil is a life saver. I love the way it feels in my hair, before when I started I had tiny braids in which pulled out a lot of my hair and thinned out my hairline, I even had to cut some of my hair out with the braids. When I started using the Castor Oil in my hair my hairline began to reappear and now I have so much baby hair I don’t know what do do with it (that was only two months of using it). Asili is my cousin husband’s company which is Swahili for in the beginning. I’ve just been using this for a month and they are all natural products I love it not because it is family but because it actually works in my hair. For more info visit www.asiliproducts.co.uk.
4) Shea Butter I don’t care what anyone says it is AMAZING the 100% shea butter is what I use on my body everyday, that had not only cleared up burns, scars, or stretchmarks, but it has also nourished and helped me on my hair journey. The great thing about Shea butter is that it can be used on your hair and body. Same goes with the Asili brand the only difference is the Asili brand is made easier and is already in a soft form so you do not have to break it down, and also contains natural oils such as lemon.
5) Olive Oil shampoo I think is one of the shampoos that I have stayed consistent to during this journey it just feels great in my hair. The Kinky Curly Knot Today (please ignore the price you can get it for $12 online on their website, we just got ripped off) works wonders. Like I explained before the curl pattern I have is crazy sometimes because my hair knots so easily and I end up ripping out my hair without deep conditioning or whatever. After I brought this I don’t have to deep condition anymore, my curls are tolerable and are easy to comb through. And even throughout the day my hair is less likely to tangle having this in my hair.
6) Last but not least…My best friend, my trustee spray bottle. Yes I said it, this is amazing!!! Most of us “black” woman believe that water cuts our hair and blah blah blah all these myths, I am telling you I carry this everywhere I go to class or to work just get a little spray here and there once and a while. I realized for me personally in this weather now that it is really warm just how I get dehydrated because of the heat so does my hair. This is the perfect and easiest way to keep your hair moist throughout the day. As you see before how much water grew my hair and making it healthy, even though I suffer from shrinkage it works wonders again and again. The other bottle is for dying hair and adding colour I got it from Sally’s for like $2 and I used it to put water in my hair when I had a weave or when I’m doing the hot oil treatment I put the oil in there, It allows water to get into the parts of your hair the spray bottle can’t, without the risk of messing up your hair.
Yes, Ladies I am finally done..ughh all that writing lol I hope this helped someone. One final thing I want to say it is very important, AS YOU DO THIS HAIR JOURNEY IF ANYTHING YOU TAKE FROM ME PLEASE TAKE THIS WHATEVER YOU PUT IN YOUR HAIR WILL EVENTUALLY GO INTO YOUR BODY, SO IF YOU CANNOT EAT IT DO NOT PUT IT IN YOUR HAIR. ALL THE PRODUCTS THAT ARE LISTED HERE ARE 100% NATURAL OR ORGANIC SO PLEASE DO UNTO YOUR HAIR AS YOU WOULD LIKE IT TO DO UNTO YOUR BODY…3 kisses 2 hugs 1 love…good luck :D